This job is no longer available
AD - Privacy, Legal and Compliance
A global banking group that offers a broad range of financial services and products, has a new vacancy within it's Group Legal and Compliance team inLondon. The team are currently looking to hire a senior Legal professional with expertise inUKdata privacy issues. This is an excellent position for a lawyer with data privacy experience that wishes to work for one of the top performing financial institutions.
As an Associate Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Work with the various business units to enable compliance with their obligations under relevant international privacy legislation & regulation
- Provide advice and guidance on keyUKdata privacy issues in the financial services sector e.g. Group wide and special projects
- Industry association liaison and representation in relation to data privacy issues
- Communicate the implications of existing as well as new and emerging privacy regulatory developments in the jurisdictions in which they operate
- provide leadership in relation to the governance and controls measures in place in order to ensure data privacy compliance on existing and new initiatives
- A law degree or lawyer, with post qualification legal experience in an organisation or law firm. A practising certificate is not required.
- An understanding of data privacy governance models and controls.
- A good understanding of UK Data Protection regulatory obligations and a good technical understanding of international privacy legislation and regulation.
- An ability to apply data protection and data privacy obligations to a commercial context within the financial services industry
- A good understanding of privacy governance and controls in relation to technologies used in the financial services sector
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate privacy issues in a non-technical way to the business. Confident individual able to communicate with clarity and purpose both in written and verbal formats
To find out more about Real, please visit us on www.realstaffing.co.uk