This job is no longer available
The main duties & responsibilities of the role are outlined below.
Key accountability as follows:
On the day-to-day, you must be a switched-on, positive, hands-on account handler; able to manage and guide client meetings with confidence and a positive attitude. A solid understanding of marketing disciplines and agency process and how to design and deliver truly integrated campaigns, appreciating every touch point available.
You must display great leadership qualities, great time management skills, you must thrive in a fast moving environment and you will be asked to drive your client’s business.
- Interrogate, challenge and, when appropriate, lead development of client strategies.
- Proactively help clients with calendar plan.
- Surprise and delight. Bring new insights, ideas and technologies to clients on an on-going basis.
- Lead the charge in delivering your team’s KPIs.
- Lead delivery of the monthly income forecast and cascade all relevant commercial information to your team so they know what has been achieved.
- Specifically, the business director is responsible for all account finances. This includes accurately forecasting, meeting and exceeding forecast, billing early to meet iris standards to improve cash-flow, healthy WIP and no accurals.
4. Creative product:
- Dissect client briefs, understand the insight and lead the creative or strategic process.
- Maintain our standards by driving the creative brief and client presentation documentation. Review and sign off briefs completed by more junior members of your team.
- Develop the quality of the briefing documents so that creative’s get excited at the opportunity to work on your projects.
- Integrate clients into agency life - ensure that they understand how we operate by planned agency immersion sessions, etc.
- Be responsible for ensuring new joiners understand our creative process and that existing team members stick to the guidelines for best practice in briefing and beyond.
- Manage agency resources efficiently. Ensure your input into short and medium-term forecast for resourcing requirements are accurate.
- Help your team develop their skills by working closely with individuals on a day-to-day basis. Talk to them about their career progression and make sure they have challenging and realistic goals.
6. For the greater good:
- Recognise the learnings from each campaign the team has worked on and share the information with the team and the wider agency, as appropriate.
- Be an ambassador for iris. Communicate the iris vision in an articulate way when talking to colleagues, clients and suppliers.
- Predict and ultimately maximise new business opportunities for iris.
- Ensure that clients understand why they should buy the agency’s creative and strategic recommendations.
- Work closely with other iris agencies so you understand the role of different channels and can advise clients when another iris agency may be relevant for them.
- Ensure your entire team can input into proposals so they represent everyone’s best work not just your own.
Skills, qualifications & experience required:
- Advanced Diploma in Marketing & Public Relations;
- Plentiful experience across mobile technologies and telecommunications with focus on both B2B and consumer facing campaigns;
- Team Management responsibility of 4 + team members;
- Experience managing multiple international partnership stakeholders;
- Lead 4 or more product launches with budgets in excess of £2million pounds;
- Experience in working in a Global network and more specifically USA, Singapore & Australia;
- Proven ability to project and exceed monthly forecasts across multiple accounts;
- Proven experience working with & presenting innovative technologies for retail.
Please reply before EOP on 25th March 2013 by sending your CV and a covering letter to Anya Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org