This job is no longer available
Role: AIX 6.1 Administrator
Location: Dublin City Centre
Salary: 50,000 - 65,000 (dependant on experience)
*** Feel free to pass this onto friends or colleagues that may be interested ***
My client is a leading Irish company that is based in Dublin city centre. Due to their
continued growth they are looking to take on an ambitious AIX administrator to join
there small team.
You will get to work with the most up to date, and advanced technologies as they
have always invested heavily in their infrastructure. This means that a long term
career with this company will ensure that you can continue to progress in your career.
You will work with various technologies as you help decide their vision for the future.
This is a growing role that will lead to definite career progression and advancement.
As this position ensures career progression, it is as much a type of person they need as
the skills they require.
- Someone who is cool under pressure, and has an understanding of what it is like to
work in a high pressure environment.
- A structured person who does things quickly, and is confident enough to not make
too many mistakes
- Someone who is hungry to learn, who has always wanted to know how things work
- Someone who is going to change the way things are done and make them better-
always looking for new ways to do things.
That isn't to say that technical skills are unimportant, here's what you need to have:
- Management of Production and Development systems:
- Aix 6.1 and 5.3, v7000 FC storage and DS4800 SAN's. Fibre channel networks
using Brocade switches.
- Management of systems using PowerVM, HMC, NIM and HACMP (C-Spoc etc)
- Management of internal web systems using Liferay (java containers), Tomcat and
MySQL on Suse Linux 11.
- Management of external websites using Apache, MySQL database and WebDAV on
- Installation, upgrades and configuration on Power servers (Aix) and Intel based
- This includes systems design, capacity planning, performance analysis and work as a
project engineer with new system implementations.
- Understanding of JBoss application servers using windows server software clusters
- Understanding of Oracle and DB2 databases on Aix (Performance management)
- Understanding of Tivoli Storage Manager 6.2, LTO devices and Oracle RMAN.
If you are ready to take on a challenge and take advantage of an opportunity to really
advance your technical knowledge and career, then do not hesitate to contact me for
Aix 6.1, AIX 5.3, v7000 FC storage, DS4800 SAN, Fibre channel, Brocade, PowerVM, HMC, NIM,
HACMP, Tomcat, MySQL, Suse, Linux, Apache, CentOS, JBoss, Jakarta, Oracle, DB2, Tivoli Storage
Manager 6.2, LTO devices, Oracle RMAN.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com