This job is no longer available
Database Security Engineer
Database Security Engineer/ Investment Bank/London/ £75,000
Database Security Engineer required to join an investment bank based in the City. The Database Security Engineer is a permanent role, paying up to £75k base salary.
Main responsibilities include:
* Periodical technology and risk assessment of Databases platform within the bank (Oracle and SQL)
* Required to provide guidelines and participate in building secure database management systems, technological standard and security builds and security policy settings.
* Should lead, provide guidelines, undertake and produce documentation on security related matters in accordance to Information Security Policy and Standards to fellow members of the IT Department, Audit, Management and Information Security.
* Review and recommend security patches, for implementation on MSSQL and Oracle; the ability to apply Microsoft policy based management on SQL Server database and develop suitable alternatives for Oracle.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
* At least 3 years experience in the Banking / large enterprise with Databases platform Security Engineering & Architecture.
* Knowledge of RDBMS security setting, and hands-on experience of configuration and management
* Expert understanding of database security and the ability to communicate such knowledge to fellow employees, and produce strategy and policies for IT staff
* Knowledge of database forensic mechanisms, and the ability to utilise suitable security tools to undertake forensically activity
* Ability to undertake development, review and recommend, install suitable security tools to enhance security
The Database Security Engineer role is offering a competitive salary and benefits package. If you have the above the above skills and also excellent communication, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills a natural passion for both finance and technology then please apply to this position or contact Nisha Somaia on 02073983600.
Database Security Engineer, Database, Security Engineer, Oracle, SQL, RDBMS, MSSQL, SQL server, Banking, Security
To find out more about Real, please visit us on www.realstaffing.co.uk