This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
Location: South West (Avon)
Consultant: Toby Day
My client is a medium scale solar company with their office in the South West of England looking to develop their Thermal and heating division. Due to increased growth they are looking for a capable and well organised thermal installation manager to join their team.
The Successful candidate will provide office-based project management on solar thermal, biomass, heat-pump and associated thermal installations, from the point of provision of sales information, to post-installation and servicing.
The Responsibilities of the Role:
• Line management of the Thermal installation teams (currently 3 teams)
• Forecasting of stock requirements for Thermal teams and communication of these requirements to the Warehouse Manager.
• Keep projects working to agreed timescales and cost limits
• Proactively manage client expectations of our service, and to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
• Liaise with operations, marketing, legal and finance teams to ensure completion of contractual negotiations to an acceptable level of risk.
• Provide detailed technical surveys or assist others with providing surveying information for potential thermal installations where required
• Assess the viability of proposed installations and provide technical verification and an assessment of the workability of what has been designed and/or sold.
• Liaise closely with the PV and Commercial Installation Managers on dual or commercial installations
• Dispense stock to all Thermal Installation Teams as required, in liaison with Warehouse Manager
• Keep our customer relations database up to date with all job details and customer contacts, and produce regular input for attendance of weekly Management meetings.
• Represent at trade exhibitions and shows, where required, and deal with members of the public who call into our Technology Park for information.
• Negotiation of favourable Terms and Conditions and payments terms with clients and suppliers.
• Other duties are agreed with Line Manager
Experience and Skills:
• Experience of managing at teams of installation workers and engineers. Must have hands-on installation experience of at least one of the following; biomass/heat pumps/solar thermal.
• Excellent IT skills – the post is office-based, so skills in this area will be as important as specific engineering skills. Should have held – or still hold – BPEC / LOGIC qualifications in unvented hot water storage systems, C&G Level 2 Plumbing, WRAS Competence
• Flexible and able to adapt to the rapidly changing market and needs of a growing SME.
• Able to work on own initiative and under pressure of deadlines. Must be good at motivating others, and well organised.
• Experience of managing thermal installations across a range of hot water and heating engineering technologies, possibly including air/ground/water heat pumps, biomass (pellet and log) boilers and room heaters, solar thermal including evacuated tube and flat plate collectors. Apprentice or time-served heating engineers with office-based management experience will be at an advantage.
• Attendance and qualifications in heat pump, solar thermal and biomass training courses will be an advantage, as will previous experience of flue design, HETAS regulations and other relevant training
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44 (0) 20 30022877