Software Development Manager upto £50,000
Software Development Manager in a Cutting Edge .NET Environment - £50,000
Security Services company are looking for a Software Development Manager to head up a team who develop next-generation technologies to secure our customers from a wide range of security threats, malware and inappropriate content.
They pursue a SaaS model in security, and have already launched massively scaled products that are changing the way our customers protect themselves and their users.
They are keen to develop solutions for the kind of challenges (big data, API platforms, high scalability) so that they are able to meet the changing needs of their client base.
We are now moving rapidly into a variety of other cloud security services, and are looking to bring on a Software Development Manager motivated by delivering the software infrastructure to power these products.
You will be responsible for managing a group of 8-10 Software and QA Engineers. You will own all aspects of line and project management, and be directly responsible for the delivery of the projects in your team. You will also focus on creating the right kind of empowering, creative culture for engineers to thrive in.
A background in an Agile software development environment is a must, since this underpins all our processes.
- Day to day leadership of the Engineering team.
- Partnering with Product Management to ensure the team has a clear strategic direction and roadmap.
- Resource allocation for key projects.
- Coaching engineers to develop their full potential.
- Project planning - identifying, scoping, prioritising , tracking and reporting deliverables and milestones. - Managing risk and issues.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive background in Software Engineering
- Results focused with a track record of success working in an Agile environment
- An exceptional mentor and leader with a passion for continuous improvement.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
- Pro-active, flexible and a people person.
If this position is of interest, send your CV in ASAP or for more information call 0161 817 7888.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com