This job is no longer available
Application Development Manager - Java - Warrington - £60,000 - £70,000
Provides system guidance, direction, and services to a division/business unit or corporate function. Establishes plans, policies, and procedures within the group. Manages resource allocation to ensure emphasis is placed on major strategies and opportunities with potential for high return on investment. Sets objectives to accomplish goals for new system development and ongoing applications support for client organizations. Leverages systems corporate-wide.
* Provides oversight to operational initiatives.
* Leads the planning, development, and execution of IT strategy for simultaneous projects or medium to large teams.
* Defines critical competencies for subordinate positions.
* Monitors and implements organizational structure, salary administration, budget management, staff selection, performance management, and career planning within a division/business unit or corporate function.
* Leads multiple medium to large projects.
* Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
* Excellent Communication and presentation skills
* 8-10 years management experience
* 5-7 years of managing a team of 5 or more team members
* Experience with Webmethods software preferred
* Strong Java skills
* Experience with web services
* Various Protocols including HTTP, HTTP/s, FTP, FTP/s
* Various XML Standards including cXML, xCBL, ebXML, etc.
* EDI Standards and transations
To have an opportunity for this role please Forward your CV to Heather O'Rourke at Computer Futures or call on 0161 817 7888.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com