This job is no longer available
Business and Enterprise Academy nr Birmingham
Human Resources Officer
Salary: Up to £11,000
Hours: 18.25 hours per week term time only
Commencing: ASAPA large, oversubscribed Business and Enterprise Academy near Birmingham is recruiting for a Human Resources Officer.
This dynamic, multicultural school has been awarded 'good' by Ofsted with many outstanding features. The curriculum is outstanding, and the school's nurturing ethos caters for a mixed ability and diverse student cohort, achieving consistently good results. The school has a high reputation in the community resulting from the charismatic leadership of the Headteacher.
The successful candidate will be involved in administering all aspects of HR from recruitment to retirement and everything in-between. The role will encompass general administration, monitoring and reporting, recruitment and selection, policies and procedures. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to take on the role of Clerk to Governors which will attract a retention allowance of £5,000 p.a. The new post holder will be responsible for the ongoing upkeep and accuracy of our HR information systems, so strong IT skills and an eye for detail will be vitally important. We are looking for someone who is educated to A Level (or equivalent) and has experience of a fast paced administrative, customer orientated role. Applicants will need to be confident enough to give advice on HR policies and procedures. A CIPD qualification is therefore essential.
You must be capable of:Key Skills and Competencies - Human Resources Officer
- CIPD qualified, equivalent qualification or experience in relevant discipline.
- Good knowledge of current employment law and best practice.
- Good knowledge of School's Personnel systems and requirements.
- Personal effectiveness, including time management and ability to prioritise deadlines.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults.
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Proven organisational skills.
All staff members receive high quality CPD opportunities
For more information please contact Sophie Hryniewicz at Capita Education Resourcing on 0207 202 0031 / 07584 408142 or e-mail your CV