This job is no longer available
AML Officer - Leading Brokerage - London
A top brokerage inLondonis seeking an AML Officer to carry out daily AML/KYC work in cooperation with the broker desk heads to ensure the timely, accurate and compliant on-boarding of new clients.
- Classify customers in accordance with MIFID and FSA Regulations and issue relevant MIFID and Legal documentation;
- Assess each client on boarding scenario and apply the appropriate level of Customer Due Diligence
- Provide day-to-day AML/KYC advice and guidance to the broker desks;
- Identify situations representing heightened levels of Risk and apply Enhanced Customer Due Diligence and escalate to the MLRO as required;
- Identify and escalate to the MLRO any risks or control weaknesses in AML Systems and Controls and suggest possible solutions;
- Perform on-going monitoring of CDD on both a periodic and ad-hoc basis;
- Use Watch list and negative media screening solution and other open source data, ensure the company does not breach theUKor US Sanction Regimes and identify any Regulatory or Law enforcement, PEP or negative media matches requiring assessment.
- Keep abreast of regulatory and legal initiatives, highlighting significant AML/KYC/sanctions compliance issues and advising on implications of changes in regulation; and
- Remain fully conversant with company's compliance charter, risk management framework, group compliance framework, compliance risk assessment, monitoring programme, group policies, compliance manual and relevant compliance policies and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of; UK Money Laundering Regulations 2007, Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, JLMSG Guidelines, MiFID applicable FSA Rules, UK & US sanction regimes
- Good working knowledge of relevant back, middle office and control systems including RIMS, GUIBOS, Open Pages and CMS
- Understanding of primary trading models including Matched Principal, Name Give-Up and Exchange Traded, and the associated Risks
- Previous practical experience gained working in a AML/CDD function within a financial services firm
This is an exciting opportunity for an AML officer to join a leading brokerage inLondon. If you are interested, please send your CV to Ryan Graham at rgrahamatrealstaffing.com and get in touch on 0207 398 3600.
To find out more about Real, please visit us on www.realstaffing.co.uk