This job is no longer available
The person appointed will lead and manage a team of academic and support staff in the design, development and delivery of programmes of learning which meet the needs of the new OLASS 4 funding methodology, and Skills for Sustainable Growth.
The person appointed will report to the Head of Strategy, Offender learning, but will also work closely with key stakeholders and Prison management/staff for the following:
- Ensuring effective delivery of targets in relation to recruitment, retention, achievement, success, quality and attendance.
- Scheduling of work/timetables and deployment of staff.
- Collection and management of appropriate statistical data.
- Managing the development, delivery and co-ordination of the curriculum division.
- Creating a vibrant, high quality, positive student centred ethos.
- Leading and motivating a team of staff.
- Delivering quality teaching on a range of programmes.
- Ensuring that staff continually deliver a quality curriculum that exceeds learners' expectations.
- Positively enhancing progression opportunities for all learners.
- Ensuring a proactive approach to the development and marketing of courses to achieve maximum recruitment levels.
- Effectively managing delegated budgets.
- Effectively manage the commercial activities that fall under the control of the curriculum activity.
- Effectively engaging with employers and key stakeholders to enhance curriculum delivery.
- Keep up-to-date with current issues and developments in the vocational field for Offender Learning and the FE sector.
- Identifying and implementing staff development needs.
The Curriculum Manager will be responsible for the quality control and evaluation of learning programmes and for the co-ordination, development, day-to-day organisation and delivery of a curriculum area as part of the Prison's education system which is integral to the management of Offender Learning. You will work in collaboration with the Prison Head of Learning or appropriate designated person and be responsible to the Head of Strategy, Offender Learning for:
- Motivation and development of members of the whole curriculum team.
- Developing interesting and enriching programmes of study
- Maximising funding opportunities.
- Ensuring academic standards are maintained and improved.
- Arranging effective guidance for present and potential students.
- Delivering high quality teaching and learning.
- Ensuring OLS administrative procedures are carried out in a timely manner
- Collaborating with Prison staff in the development and preparation of course/programme submissions.
- Ensuring OLS and Prison policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Assisting in the appointment and selection of team members.
- Ensuring that an effective system operates to provide cover during periods of staff absence.
- Providing reports, data and other information as required.
- Monitoring and evaluating programme provision to ensure quality, validity, accessibility and enjoyability.
- Representation on internal and external committees as and when required.
- Co-ordination of course timetables, full-time and part-time staff timetables in conjunction with the Head of Learning/Head of Reducing Re-Offending.
- Development and validation of courses in response to student needs, local needs and external bodies.
- Providing first line responsibility for health and safety issues on behalf of the curriculum team.
- Acting as appraiser (as specified in the OLS policy) for members of the Curriculum Team as appropriate.
- Carrying out classroom/workshop observation and gradings.
- Leading and producing self-assessment reports.
- Other duties as may be required by the Head of Strategy to reflect changes and developments commensurate with the grade of the post.