This job is no longer available
Senior Java Software Engineer - North Wales - £42,000 - £45,000
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Java Software Engineer to join a world leading company
Are you a Senior Java Software Engineer? Do you have experience of Designing and developing Web Services working with technologies like Java, Apache, Tomcat, XML and SQL? If so, this is your chance to fulfil your potential in a rewarding contract position, based within a multinational company.
Key tasks of the job:
Typical work activities include:
* Designing and developing Web Services
* Working in Agile environment using Scrum
* Interpreting software needs and developing concept and final solutions to meet their objectives.
* Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts.
* Estimating the time required to complete the work, providing the finished items inline with the original estimate.
* Working as part of a closely coupled, coherent development team to fulfil the business needs.
* Presenting ideas and concepts to the Software Manager and the development team.
* Flexible working style to support the development team and allow it to meet its objectives.
The essential skills/attributes are: -
* Strong experience, over at least 4 years, of leading highly skilled design teams working on exceptionally tight cost, time and performance targets.
* Ability to motivate and get the very best from highly skilled and committed individuals.
* Extensive software development experience.
* Experience of web-based component frameworks, including Java, Apache, Tomcat, XML PostgreSQL and Oracle databases.
* Solid experience in the design of client server software solutions.
* The ability to confidently construct viable project plans and report to managers.
* A willingness to travel internationally to meet customers when needed.
Desirable skills: additional ideal experiences should include :-
* Experience with Telecom Network / Enterprise software solutions
* Experience with Adobe Flash/Flex, BlazeDS, Java/JSP client application design.
* Knowledge of Agile Scrum framework.
* Experience with SNMP, Telnet, and the TCP/IP stack.
* Knowledge of unit testing using junit/TestNG and selenium or equivalent.
* Knowledge of configuration management systems.
* Experience with the Eclipse tool suite (MyEclipse, Eclipse, SpringSource)
My client is looking to start interviewing as soon as possible therefore please forward your CV as soon as possible to Heather O'Rourke at Computer Futures - my telephone number is 0161 817 7888.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com