This job is no longer available
Senior Java Software Engineer - Manchester - £35,000 - £45,000
My client, an international software house are looking for 2 senior java developers to join their team. The Software Engineer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of multiple products.
* Development of a J2EE web client application.
* Development of a Java server application
* Deputising for the Team Leader when required
* Responsible for the analysis, design, development, test and documentation of software solutions.
* Responsible for the planning, monitoring and supervision of tasks, projects and resources delegated by the Team Leader.
* Responsible for the controlling of configuration management on large projects.
* Responsible for the review of software changes made by junior team members.
* Provide recommendations to the Team Leader concerning issues of programmer productivity and efficiency including identifying tasks which require automation.
* Providing & reviewing work estimates (ensuring estimate accuracy) and tracking changes against these estimates as part of the role of Lead Developer on projects.
* Assist the Team Leader in ensuring that progress against all tasks is monitored and reported as defined with the Company Software Development and Project Management processes.
* Assist the Team Leader in the delivery of builds and ensuring the successful and timely entry to major project milestones by the scheduled dates and ensuring appropriate reviews (including product/database integrity) & unit/integration testing are carried out.
* Hands-on experience of software development throughout the whole development lifecycle including design, development, testing, deployment and support.
* The ability to make decisions on software solutions to improve performance and maintainability.
* Experience of leading small projects/developments including developing and maintaining plans using Microsoft Project.
* Experience of formal design techniques including Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Tiered Architectures and Design Patterns.
* Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers.
o Web Services (XML / SOAP)
o UNIX (Solaris/AIX/HP, Shell Scripts)
o Source Control Tools (Subversion, CVS, etc)
o Issue Management Tools (e.g. Redmine)
o Unit Testing (jUnit, etc)
To be considered for this role please forward your CV to Heather O'Rourke at Computer Futures, or call Heather on 0161 817 7888 to discuss in more detail
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com