This job is no longer available
This is an opportunity to work with a global player in the communication industry they have a strong presence across a number of disciplines with several sites across theUK.
You shall be working closely with the electronic hardware, software and firmware engineering Team to take responsibility for the qualification of microcontroller and server-based products in communication applications. The role requires the Engineer to devise and develop specialist test tools and facilities to automate aspects of the validation work. During and at the end of the tasks, the test results and methods are documented and shared with the Team for review.
Key tasks of the job:
Typical work activities include:
-Working with the engineering Team to identify the project-specific validation needs and provide pragmatic guidance on suitable DFT strategies
-Devising and developing cost and time effective test models to attain the maximum relevant coverage with minimal effort.
-Running the tests and liaising closely with the development team.
-Documenting the validation methods and results to a good commercial standard.
-A strong background in electronic / system engineering is vital to enable effective collaboration with the electronic engineers and to enable independent working on our challenging hardware products.
It is essential that the candidate has demonstrable experience in the following:
- Working within highly skilled design teams, delivering test solutions on challenging cost, time and performance targets.
- Solid experience in the validation of distributed, multi-technology systems including hardware, embedded code and server platforms.
- Development of effective test tools, benches and systems
-Experience with in-circuit emulators, debuggers and analysis tools.
- Experience of Labview , TestStand or Agilent VEE platforms
- Awareness of client-server system test engineering issues,
- Some working knowledge of configuration management systems,
- Server / Database performance, load testing and database configuration would be a distinct advantage
If you are interested in the position, or looking to further develop your career please forward your CV to Robert Peacock
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com