This job is no longer available
Senior Linux System Administrator and Technical Team Lead
Role: Senior Linux System Administrator and Technical Team Lead - Redhat
Location: Just off the M50
Salary: Competitive - dependant on seniority
Benefits: Healthcare, bonus, and many more.
***Feel free to pass this onto friends and colleagues***
My client is a leading Irish software house based just off the M50. Due to their rapid
growth and success they are looking to take on a Senior Linux Administrator and
Technical Team Lead to join their team. You will be reporting directly to the Systems
They have an award winning product, and a global presence. The company has a large
operations side to their business which means that you will be constantly challenged and
ensured a varied and interesting role. You will lead a team of 3 that are in charge of
ensuring that their entire systems and users are up and running 24/7.
The people and the company culture are fantastic. Everyone prides themselves on doing
a great job and getting along with each other. They are always looking for new ways to
do things- smart ways of doing things. You will be the type of person who loves the
challenge the way things are doing and push the boundaries technically.
They recently won an award for being a great place to work, which isn't surprising as we
have placed many people into this company and the response has been great.
It is a relaxed but professional environment. They have internal motivation and incentive
programmes and social clubs. It is an employee centric organisation. They have a
structured career development plan and sit down with you every quarter and set targets
for development areas.
What you'll be doing?
- Implementation and support of web and back office infrastructure
- Driving ongoing systems infrastructure enhancements and direction
- Investigating new technologies
- Consulting and important point of contact for other IT departments on key
infrastructure issues and security
- Ongoing security enhancements and compliance with certified standards
- Backup for Helpdesk and user support personnel
- Technical lead for other systems administrators
- Potential on-call out of hours support
- Potential international travel
Brief Skills Summary- Top things that will stand out:
- Redhat Linux
- Virtualisation experience
- Some database experience- they're using SQL 11g
- Strong networking skills
Detailed Skills Required:
- Extensive Linux experience (Redhat)
- Open source technologies (configuration and support): Apache, Jboss, Postfix, Samba,
- Extensive VMWare(VSphere) experience; planning, configuration and support
- Extensive SAN implementation and administration experience with technologies such
as Equilogic/EMC across multiple locations
- Dell Bladecentre config and administration exp
- Load balancing exp using Cisco Load Balancers and open source Linux technologies
- Scalable mail server architecture experience with Postfix/Spamassassin/Amavis
- Puppet implementation and administration
- Extensive networking exp using Cisco firewalls/routers/switches including VLAN's
- Experience with Windows technologies : Active Directory(including config and
migrations), Exchange, Sharepoint, Lync
- Experience with Oracle RAC cluster configurations
- 6-7 Years of IT industry experience with at least 5 years in a Systems Administration
- Technical Lead/Mentoring Experience
- Experience of mentoring junior members of technical team
- Experience in a Helpdesk environment
For immediate consideration please do not hesitate to contact me- send me an up to date
CV in Word format and / or call me on 01 8883444.
This is an urgent position so time is of the essence!
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com