This job is no longer available
Senior Software Tester - £40,000 - £46,000 -Manchester
Testing - Java - GDS/ CRS
Due to continual growth of a well establishedUKwide ECommerce client they are now looking for a very experienced senior tester to join them. Working in the travel industry with some of the biggest name companies in the world they have to ensure they stay at the cutting edge of technology to keep a head of the game. Working in their plush open plan offices inManchesteras part of an experienced and hard working team the career progression here is endless.
The key purpose of this role is to be responsible for ensuring the companies brand is kept to the high standards along with the customer experience and revenue maintaining and continuing to thrive.
You will also be responsible to improve the quality throughout the SDLC by driving effective test design, proactively analysing quality trends and influencing improvement across the organisation.
Key Skills :
o Testing of ecommerce platforms within the travel industry.
o GDS / CRS Systems
o ATPCO Fare Pricing
o Java web technologies - J2EE, Eclipse, JBoss, Tomcat, HTML, CSS, JS, XML
o One or more of the following tools - JIRA, Confluence, JMeter, SilkPerformer, Selenium, ApTest
- Continuous improvements to test coverage, execution and automation
- Produce Test Design for new features or change
- Work closely with Development team
- Work with Performance Team to provide flows, usage and real world scenarios
- Provide critical path flows to the Automation Team ensuring best return on investment
- Helps Formulate & Develop effective Test Architecture per organizational needs
- Foremost Technical Authority responsible for the overall quality of deliverables across all test parameters, both functional and non-functional including performance, security, usability, test strategy and script formulation etc
- Responsible for review and signoff of all performance test plans and automated/manual test specifications.
- Responsible for producing a High level Estimate (HLE) based on the initial business or functional requirements.
- Keep up to date on latest methodologies, technology and the travel industry
To apply for this position forward your CV to Heather O'Rourke at Computer Futures or call 0161 817 7888 to discuss
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com