This job is no longer available
Experienced Primary Teaching Assistant Required
Acton, Ealing, London
Start April 2013
Primary School Ofsted Rated 'Good'
A primary school in Ealing is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic TA. The school is an Ofsted rated 'good' school with a positive staff team and a holistic attitude to learning.
The successful candidate should have recent experience as a TA, and be positive, punctual and well organised. You should have some experience/training in running individual or small group interventions and feel confident in supporting young children's reading.
Experience of working with pupils with autism, reading difficulties or dyslexia is preferable, as well as a strong knowledge of phonics and counselling.
As a TA you will be required to:-
- Support the class teacher to attain targets set under their individual educational programmes
- Provide teaching support in small groups and on a 1-2-1 basis
- Promote positive behaviour patterns and raising self esteem
- Assist in preparing the classroom and materials
- Ensure the lesson objectives are understood by pupils
- Administration of Special Educational Needs (SEN), keeping lesson by lesson records of assistance given
You must have:-
- Previous Teaching Assistant experience
- Level 2 NVQ in Teaching and Learning
- GCSE's in English and Maths Grades A*-C
- Good knowledge and understanding of English, Maths, Science or SEN
- Able to support pupils with from all ages and abilities
For more information please contact Sophie Hryniewicz at Capita Education Resourcing on 0207 202 0031 / 07584 408142 or e-mail your CV