This job is no longer available
Urgently seeking candidates for a senior MI Team Lead role in Blackpool at the moment with a company in the utilities sector. The role is paying up to £40,000 + bonus/package and can interview immediately. This is a great opportunity for a SQL Server / Business Intelligence specialist, and these roles don't come up in the area often!
Main Duties (MI Developer)
1. The delivery and development of reports in a professional way with good attention to detail
2. Applying high quality standards to all aspects of MI delivery & development.
3. Communicating effectively with peer and business users.
4. Possesses good analytical skills with a logical approach to solving business & reporting issues
5. Possesses the ability to analyse and understand datasets and identify gaps within them.
6. Participate as a fully functioning and valuable team member. Provide technical, business, practical and emotional support for team colleagues.
7. Maintains up to date, specialist, technical and application knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) concepts, SQL coding techniques and report design principles. Maintains a detailed knowledge of general applicable reporting architectures, software, facilities and their actual and potential applications in local and general use within the organisation.
8. Applies specialist technical and application knowledge and provides detailed advice and guidance to IT and business colleagues in BI and Reporting at corporate and departmental levels, and in the effective use of reporting tools and facilities available to them.
9. Creates, customises and maintains SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Reports.
10. Creates, customises and maintains SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) Cubes
11. Creates, customises and maintains SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Packages
12. Designs, implements and maintains Data warehouse Structures in line with the Kimball methodology
13. Ensures that all report delivery goes through established Software Delivery Lifecycle.
14. Writes SQL code to satisfy reporting requirements that adheres to established coding standards
15. Produces sufficient and quality documentation to support the MI process.
16. Utilises Source Control and Team Foundation Server to deliver efficient change control process.
17. Advises business users in the production of reporting specifications as required. Possesses the ability to analyse, understand and challenge business requirements
18. Works with Data Management colleagues to ensure that modelling is carried out consistently, and that corporate standards for repository administration and data dictionaries are observed.
19. Responsible for the timely and accurate production of external MI
20. Must have a passion for Data & MI
For more information please contact Chris Reilly on 0161 817 7888 and/or submit a current CV as soon as possible.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com