This job is no longer available
I am working with a York based Software company who are creating a new platform that enables users to create and share important data and insights.
Your main role will include the following: You will play a critical role in Pre-sales, talking directly with customers about their security, uptime, and disaster recovery methodology.
You will work closely with both the Technical Operations and Engineering teams to understand and support the platform and provide some support to the Engineering team in York.
This position is based in York.
You have solid experience with:
- Pre-sales engineering - directly engaged customers in an enterprise sales environment
- Security - can discuss SSL, encryption, firewalls, anti-virus, and coding practices
- Linux - comfortable providing support to engineering, serving as part time Linux admin: dns, nfs, rpm, apache, raid, virtual machines, centos, etc.
It would be a huge benefit if you are familiar with:
- Multi-data center management, replication, scaling
- Any of: Mysql, networking, managing 24x7 data center environments
- Amazon EC2
This is an excellent permanent role with an unrivalled package. You will have an excellent salary, and huge flexibility in working. (Salary - £70-80k)
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, then please apply now and call Tom Smith on 0161 817 7888.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com