My Client is looking for a degree qualified Senior Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of 5 years' experience in downhole tool design within the Oil and Gas industry for a permanent, long-term position.
- Engineering design for downhole tools.
- Operating as part of a small design team working on research and development of new equipment. This will include advising less experienced mechanical Engineers and working with other disciplines such as Electrical and Fluid Mechanics.
- Detailed design of prototype tools down to component level. This will include understanding of assembly, stress, material choice, possible use of codes of practice etc. The inputs may either be conceptual sketches from Senior Engineers or your own concepts. Production of 3D models in Autodesk Inventor and the ability and experience to check detailed manufacturing drawings.
- Working with the in-house Machine Shop and Fabrication Shop to ensure the correct and efficient manufacturing of prototype parts, and improving engineering design through their feedback as required.
- Working with workshop technicians to ensure correct and efficient assembly of prototypes, and improving engineering design through their feedback as required.
- Supervision of prototype testing.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in downhole tool design in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Degree or advanced qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Ability to think through and solve novel problems independently.
- Ability to check detailed mechanical drawings for manufacture
- Excellent team player.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor & Vault.
- Ability to create 3D models and high quality, accurate drawings for fabrication and machining.
Are you looking for a new role? Does this tickle your fancy? Then get in touch with Mhairi from Huxley Associates as soon as possible!