This job is no longer available
Software Test Lead - Manchester City Centre - Salary dependant on experience
An experienced and strong senior tester is required to join a very successful ECommerce client in the heart of Manchester. With a revenue of over £100 million annually and working with some of the largest clients in the world this is a fantastic company to progress your career.
Key Skills :
o Testing ecommerce platforms (ideally within the travel sector)
o GDS / CRS Systems
o ATPCO Fare Pricing
o Java web technologies - J2EE, Eclipse, JBoss, Tomcat, HTML, CSS, JS, XML
o Linux operating system - RedHat, CentOS
o One or more of the following tools - JIRA, Confluence, JMeter, SilkPerformer, Selenium, ApTest
o Database systems - Oracle, Postgres
You have experience working in the travel industry and have a passion for IT/Testing.
You enjoy working hard in a team environment solving challenging problems.
You have a keen interest (knowledge / experience) of test workflows, methodologies, specification design, development, and execution.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Pro-actively seeks to make continuous improvements to test coverage, execution and automation
* Produce Test Design for each new feature or change, ensuring the optimum level of coverage for the Test team
* Work closely with Development team to ensure Test Design meets the requirements and to determine Development test coverage required
* Work with Performance Team to provide flows, usage and real world scenarios
* Provide critical path flows to the Automation Team ensuring best return on investment
* Helps Formulate & Develop effective Test Architecture per organizational needs
* Foremost Technical Authority responsible for the overall quality of deliverables across all test parameters, both functional and non-functional including performance, security, usability, test strategy and script formulation etc
* Responsible for review and signoff of all performance test plans and automated/manual test specifications.
* Responsible for producing a High level Estimate (HLE) based on the initial business or functional requirements.
* Keep up to date on latest methodologies, technology and the travel industry
To apply for this position forward your CV to Heather O'Rourke at Computer Futures or call 0161 817 7888 to discuss
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com