Personal Assistant to the Comptroller - Maternity cover
The Lord Chamberlain's office plans, organises and delivers ceremonial events principally in London, Windsor and Edinburgh as required by The Queen's Programme.
Based at Buckingham Palace, this is a unique opportunity to play your part within the Lord Chamberlain's Office, by providing administrative and secretarial support to the Head of Department (Comptroller) and other senior members of the Central Office to support the delivery of events.
Duties will include answering the telephone and dealing with queries, diary management, organising travel and accommodation, preparing seating cards and issuing tickets for events and working alongside the team to look after guests attending the events. In addition you will also assist with administering budgets, deal with general correspondence and maintain paper and electronic filing systems.
Although based at Buckingham Palace, you will also be required to work at other Royal residences. This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
- will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively both face-to-face and over the phone with a wide range of individuals and organisations
- will have excellent IT skills with a thorough knowledge of MS office packages and accurate typing skills
- will be efficient, well-organised and have a real eye for detail
- will possess good team working skills with a practical, common sense approach
- will be willing to occasionally support events outside of normal working hours and to travel within the UK
- will have the ability to show initiative, particularly with dealing with correspondence and queries
If successful, you can look forward to a comprehensive rewards package that includes a 15% employer contribution pension scheme, generous leave, and excellent staff dining and recreational facilities.
For further information and to apply online, please visit: http://www.royal.gov.uk/recruitment
Closing date for completed applications: Sunday 21st April 2013.