This job is no longer available
Testing Architect -ManchesterCityCentre - £38,000 - £45,000
An experienced and strong testing architect is required to join a very successful ECommerce client in the heart ofManchester. With a revenue of over £100 million annually and working with some of the largest clients in the world this is a fantastic company to progress your career.
You MUST have experience in working within the travel industry and of a technical background - If you have these 2 qualities I want to hear from you!
Key Skills Required:
o Testing ecommerce platforms (ideally within the travel sector)
o GDS / CRS Systems
- ATPCO Fare Pricing
- Travel reservation system technologies
o Java web technologies - J2EE, Eclipse, JBoss, Tomcat, HTML, CSS, JS, XML
o Linux operating system - RedHat, CentOS
o One or more of the following tools - JIRA, Confluence, JMeter, SilkPerformer, Selenium, ApTest
o Database systems - Oracle, Postgres
Responsible for protecting the organization's brand, customer experiences and revenue.
- Pro-actively seeks to make continuous improvements to test coverage, execution and automation
- Produce Test Design for each new feature or change, ensuring the optimum level of coverage for the Test team
- Work closely with Development team to ensure Test Design meets the requirements and to determine Development test coverage required
- Work with Performance Team to provide flows, usage and real world scenarios
- Provide critical path flows to the Automation Team ensuring best return on investment
- Helps Formulate & Develop effective Test Architecture per organizational needs
- Foremost Technical Authority responsible for the overall quality of deliverables across all test parameters, both functional and non-functional including performance, security, usability, test strategy and script formulation etc
- Responsible for review and signoff of all performance test plans and automated/manual test specifications.
- Responsible for producing a High level Estimate (HLE) based on the initial business or functional requirements.
- Keep up to date on latest methodologies, technology and the travel industry
With a competitive salary on offer, fantastic benefits, the opportunity to travel internationally and fantastic career opportunities in the future - a great company to work for!
To apply for this position forward your CV to Heather O'Rourke at Computer Futures or call 0161 817 7888 to discuss
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com