This job is no longer available
LEAD PHP DEVELOPER - £45000 - £70000 DOE - CENTRAL LONDON - PERMANENT
An e-commerce retailer is looking for a Lead PHP Developer who can help with the development of their sites whilst managing the whole LAMP stack, working across frontend, backend, server infrastructure and api code.
Currently we are at a stage where most of the work were doing is around site speed, scaling up, dealing with large amounts of data, talking to web services, managing third party data, and implementing systems for increased efficiency. Weve got a flat structure, so work is primarily project and objective based, over short sprints. We deploy daily, iterate fast and often, all with an emphasis on teamwork.
Does this sound like you would be interested? If so the main skills are:
* Excellent knowledge of object oriented PHP 5 and MYSQL 5
* Experience with Open Source PHP frameworks like Symfony, Zend or Cake
* Experience in configuring environments across the LAMP stack (we use Red Hat)
* Experience with git, svn, ticketing, documentation and bug tracking applications
* Experience with IDEs (ie, Eclipse, phpStorm, Netbeans, Zend Studio), and IDE based debugging tools
* Demonstrable problem-solving and teamwork skills. Team dynamics are important to us, so you must be a team player with a strong customer service focus
* Worked on projects using Agile / Scrum methodology
* Ability to hand-code standards-based HTML 5 and CSS 3 for cross-browser compatibility, and examples to show
* Experience in high volume, high traffic sites, where youve had to solve scaling problems
* Experience with Magento as well as the ability to implement Magento themes and 3rd party plugins
* Ability to build custom Magento plugins/modules
* Familiarity with web services like SOAP
* Working with XML and XSLT
* Experience with WordPress, and implementing custom themes and plugins (our blogs are WordPress driven)
* Experience in building mobile applications
* Experience with HTML 5 & CSS 3 for responsive layouts
If the above is something you could make a impact on then my client wants to speak to you. Apply now as we have interview slots.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com