This job is no longer available
Software Analyst / Researcher - contract - Aberdeen (remote working option) - 3 months +
My Aberdeen based client has a new opportunity for a talented IT professional to assist with video compression research. This exciting opportunity to work within this niche field has arisen due to accelerated company growth.
Applicants should posses a balance of relevant academic and commercial experience, will be excellent communicators and must be willing to travel abroad when required.
Location: Although this organisation is based inAberdeenthe client has agreed to be flexible with regards to work basis and would consider remote-working candidates who could commit to weekly visits to site.
Term: 3 months initially. Applicants will ideally be seeking a longer term opportunity as this role will be extended indefinitely for the right candidate.
Start Date: Approx 22nd of April. You should be immediately available for interviews.
- Hons degree 2.1 or above in relevant subject
- PHD in relevant subject
Required Skills / Experience:
- Software development in a commercial environment
- Technical writing, communicating and presenting
- Experience with various programming languages including C, C++, assembler and Matlab
- Experience delivering high level presentations
- Knowledge of hardware description languages
- Video, image and / or signal processing
- Experience of preparing and/or reviewing patents
- Developing and testing high quality and high performance software for video, image and signal processing.
- Review and analyse software and hardware designs.
- Write and edit analysis reports
- Presenting findings (overseas travel may be required)
If you are interested in this unique opportunity please apply or contact Rowan Milne on 0131 243 4000
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com