This job is no longer available
SAP Application Manager (SAP Portal) - Middlesex
SAP Applications, Applications Management, SAP Portal (WebDynpro) Application Support, Service Management, ITIL, Off-shore.
£55,000 - £65,000pa plus Bonus & Benefits
Middlesex, London, Berkshire, Surrey, Hampshire, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire.
My client, a Global Energy Company is seeking a SAP Application Manager to be responsible for all SAP Portal Activity within the SAP Support Operations Function.
The SAP Application Manager will report into the Head of Shared SAP Applications within the SAP Support Function within this organisation.
Your remit will be to deliver a stable and highly reliable suite of applications, based mainly around the SAP Application suite.
An SAP Application Manager is responsible for:
- Ensuring the "silent" (smooth) running of all Portal Applications across the function
- Gatekeeping all changes (normal operations & projects) on an application or group of applications (including related infrastructure) in order to maintain the service expected by the business
- Continuous improvement of the service, by owning and managing a service improvement plan for each application in remit and its related components
- Supporting the delivery of the service by the Central SAP Support Teams.
- Manage a variety of on-shore and off-shore teams across SAP Applications, ensuring that business continuity is upheld and driven at all times
- Agreeing business usage & downtime windows within the calendar
- Agreeing business data rules, archiving & retrieval
- Agreeing service capacity, availability and performance
- Clarifying the requirements with the business in relation to service requests where technical or functional knowledge is required to progress the request
- Communicating business impact across the business organisation for activities such as system changes, outages, etc.
- Supporting the delivery of the service by the Central teams, in particular all ITIL processes: incident, problem, change, release, capacity, availability)
The SAP Application Manager will have the following background/skill-set:
- A proven background in managing SAP Portal Applications, including RFC (requests for change) to the Portal Applications
- You will have previously been a Technical person, in particular with SAP Portals (WebDynpro) and you will need to understand "technical noise" when dealing with the SAP Teams
- You will have a background in managing service improvement
- Able to support & plan SAP Application Outages
- Able to manage and engage with senior stakeholders within the business
- Excellent communicator at all levels, including third party suppliers
- Excellent influencing capabilities
- Must have practical ITIL experience, ITIL Certificate is desirable
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit http://uk.progressiverecruitment.com">www.progressiverecruitment.com