This job is no longer available
I am currently looking to recruit an experienced technically strong Quality Manager to join a leading specialist manufacturer of products and components for the Automotive industry, based in North Wales. The company has been in business for over 30 years and has established itself as a key supplier for a selection of OEMs in the automotive industry, allowing them to build a strong business which currently turns over c.£35m, with plans to continue its expansion in the medium to long term. In view of a recent restructure the business is looking to bring in someone to help push their Quality Management SYstem (QMS) through the the next level.
The role will involve the direct line management of a team of 3 Quality Engineers as well as the succesful maintenance of the QMS in line with TS16949 and ISO14001.
The ideal candidate for the role will have:
* Experience of working in a Quality Manager position, preferably in a Tier 1 supplier into the Automotive industry where you have developed, implemented or maintained a working QMS.
* A strong and detailed understanding of each of the major quality and problem solving tools associated with TS16949 (i.e. PPAP, APQP, FMEA, SPC, Cabability Studies and 8D etc.).
* The ability to communicate well with people on all levels, from internal stakeholders to customers and suppliers externally and, ideally, some form of auditor training / qualification to TS16949.
* A degree in an Engineering discipline (or equivalent experience).
* Well developed organisational and people management skills.
The package on offer for the role includes a very competitive basic salary in the region of £45k. If this position sounds like it could be of interest to you please apply by forwarding a copy of your most recent CV via the attached link and I will be in touch to discuss your current situation and pass on some more information about this in due course.