This job is no longer available
Learning Support Assistant
Term Time Only - 31 hours per week
We have an opportunity for a Permanent Learning Support Assistant to work within a highly successful and ambitious secondary school based in Gravesend to start as soon as possible.
You will be responsible for supporting the inclusive policy of the school in providing support for students who are in danger of losing their education through either being 'disruptive, distressed or disaffected' in line with "Every Child Matters". The post-holder must be able to inform, persuade and negotiate with student and provide feedback to other professionals and parents as required. The post-holder must work within the relevant policies, codes of practice and legislation, reporting and concerns to the relevant person.
- Supporting pupils in accessing learning activities to enable pupils' progress towards their targets.
- Assisting teachers with learning activities, ensuring the health and safety and good behaviour of pupils.
- Being aware of and supporting differences to ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Working with small groups of students to deliver a differentiated curriculum, including possible units of exam work at KS4 and KS5
- Supporting students in meeting specific targets and maintaining progress forwards.
- Ensuring additional support meets the needs of students in receipt of pupil premium and catch up programmes.
- Providing administrative support as reasonably requested by the Inclusion Leader.
- Running clubs and drop-in sessions for students and their parents or carers which may need to be located at outreach venues.
- Educated to at least GCSE level with good numeracy and literacy skills
-Ability to motivate young people by establishing empathetic and supportive relationships
- Excellent team player but able to take initiative and act independently where required
- Enthusiastic and motivational
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
To start the process of gaining your next position, contact Tracy Wisdom on 0800 731 8883 today or e-mail