This job is no longer available
Teacher of Science
Are you an experienced or newly qualified Teacher?
Committed to raising attainment?
Looking to make a real difference?
Capita Education is looking to appoint a creative and driven permanent Teacher of Science to work within an up and coming Catholic Secondary School based within Medway to start in September 2013. You will be welcomed into a department that is committed to enabling young people, should they so desire, to take their place in the UK's scientific workforce . The aim is to produce young people who not only have an understanding of scientific concepts but are also technically proficient with a high regard for risk management and are capable of working cooperatively in a team.
With strong leadership, positive behaviour and pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, the past three years have seen GCSE results have continued to rise, in 2011 A Level students achieved the best results to date.
You will be responsible for:-
- Implementing and delivery broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum to students
- Facilitating and encouraging learning within the classroom
- Continuing to raise attainment and increase pupil progress
You must have:-
- A teaching qualification, PGCE or GTP (NQT)
- Outstanding curriculum knowledge (Science)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good behaviour management skills
- A passion for learning
- Commitment to raising attainment
- The ability to work as part of a team
Please contact Tracy Wisdom on 01622 693545 or e-mail today for further information
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check being undertaken before the position commences.