This job is no longer available
KS4 English Coordinator (plus TLR2B)
Comprehensive School near Reading
Salary: Depending on experience level
Commencing: September 2013
A large, vibrant comprehensive school near Reading is recruiting for an English teacher who would be the KS4 English Coordinator (plus TLR2B). This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced teacher to make an impact in a rapidly evolving department. This is also an opportunity to develop skills and qualities for future leadership.
The school is a large and dynamic community with around 1400 students. Its house system creates a nurturing environment for pupil's development. With a specialism in arts in addition to its rigorous academic program, the school offers wide-ranging programme of performances and community arts activities. The school have a well respected Learning Support Unit which caters for students with physical or learning difficulties and their work with Gifted and Talented students has received national recognition. The school has recently come under the leadership of an inspirational new head teacher who is rapidly addressing the past issues the school has faced. It is an exciting time to join this motivated team.
To apply for this post of English teacher, KS4 English Coordinator (plus TLR2B), Reading, you should be dynamic, enthusiastic and highly motivated; a teacher with a passion for English and be able to inspire young people across all key stages to exceed expectations in this school. You must have a commitment to the improvement of the curriculum, the standard of teaching, and the results in the department, while delivering engaging and innovative lessons to students.
You must be capable of:
- Maintaining discipline in accordance with school policies and demonstrate good practice with regard to attendance, appearance, punctuality, behaviour, etc.
- Ensuring students have opportunities to gain self confidence through supported opportunities including risk taking and independent learning.
Knowledge, Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Qualified Teacher, PGCE or GTP
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of subject area (English)
- Principles and practices of monitoring, assessment and evaluation
- An ability to lead students in your specialist skills areas
- Strong behavioural management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
All staff members receive high quality CPD opportunities
For more information about this English teacher and Head of Key Stage 4 in Reading please contact Sophie Hryniewicz at Capita Education Resourcing on 0207 202 0031 / 07584 408142 or e-mail your CV