This job is no longer available
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader and our specialist team have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly 20years.
We have an unrivalled reputation within Primary schools in the London Boroughs, and work with over 2,500 schools each week to find the right match for your skills.
We take great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
Due to our long running success providing in house supply services for South London Boroughs such as Wandsworth, Lambeth, Lewisham and Bexley, we currently need more teachers to help us meet the increasing demands of schools in Southwark, and surrounding West London Local Authorities, who have been recommended to us by their neighbouring boroughs.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of both state and private schools within the Southwark area. One of these schools is currently looking for an EYFS teacher on a Part- Time Long Term basis starting in September. The school is a single entry community primary with a strong emphasis on teaching tolerance and teamwork, which the staff are expected to mirror both inside and outside of the classroom. They also believe in offering pupils a well rounded education, where they are able to express themselves through a variety of extra curricular activities, so each staff member is encouraged to run or assist with an activity of their choice.
Southwark is a highly diverse area, with many schools having pupils from a wide variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. This can lead to a range of ability levels, as well as EAL needs, however the schools have a strong support network of specialist TAs and other resources to assist teachers. The pupils can display challenging behaviour due to their varying home lives, so the ideal teachers will be those with strong personalities who have creative and practical methods of classroom management and can deliver inclusive lessons, which make children eager to learn and become more involved in their own learning journeys.
We are looking for teachers with QTS for a Long Term assignment who can:
* Confidently teach in Reception as of September.
* Commit to working on a part time basis for the academic year 2013-2014.
* Have relevant up to date experience in UK schools.
* Ensure effective classroom management in line with schools' behaviour policies.
* Treat every assignment as if it is a permanent role, injecting a sense of purpose into the classroom ad helping the schools continue to have a positive impact on pupils' lives to the best of your ability.
* Provide references to cover the last 12months, as well as be willing to complete a CRB/DBS check alongside other safeguarding checks and requirements.