This job is no longer available
Nursery Curriculum Manager
Independent Ofsted Outstanding Nursery
A family run Ofsted Outstanding nursery in Maidenhead is looking for an experienced curriculum manager to take up a newly created role. The nursery currently has the capacity for 58 children between the ages of 3 months to 5 years, but is planning to expand rapidly in the near future!
The nursery is a very homely, caring and colorful environment. There is a large garden and outdoor play area that offers free-flow indoor to outdoor play for the children. The vision of the nursery is to ensure each child is given an equal opportunity to thrive, shine, develop, contribute, grow and feel loved and special.
The team at the nursery is a close knit family who enjoy working together every day. Honesty, loyalty and integrity and key values held by all, and there is a very friendly atmosphere. All nurses are given responsibility, and take pride in their areas and rooms. Staff aspire to be the best that they can be, offering a wide range of experiences and skills that they each employ in their daily work with our children.
There are continual opportunities for professional development, and there will be a clear induction processes for the curriculum manager.
The purpose of the Curriculum Manager, Maidenhead
- To support and advise all childcare practitioners in correctly and appropriately planning for their age groups and comprehensively completing their key children's Learning Journey files
The role will be split and will involve 2 days based in the nursery office and 3 days based in the rooms.
Requirements for Curriculum Manager, Maidenhead
- Be able to manage the curriculum for 0-2 year olds, 2-3 year olds and 3-5 year olds.
- Have attended some relevant management training
- Must be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- At least three years work experience in a nursery setting, with at least one year being in a senior role
- Responsibility of key children, being a key carer and all that these duties involve
- Excellent working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and of doing written child observations, evaluations and using these to inform individual planning
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the OFSTED requirements and childcare legislation, with experience of OFSTED inspections
- Know what it takes to be graded as "Outstanding" in every outcome and work towards achieving this target in day-to-day business operation
- NVQ in childcare Level 3
- Preferred EYPS
If you are an enthusiastic, dedicated early years professional with a commitment to providing quality child care provision, please apply.
For more information and a full Job spec for the curriculum manager role at Maidenhead, Berks, contact Sophie Hryniewicz at Capita Education Resourcing on 0207 202 0031 / 07584 408142 or e-mail your CV