This job is no longer available
The Lewisham School Supply Service is looking to expand its pool of science supply teachers due to a number of them securing Long Term positions through us in our schools
The Lewisham School Supply Service welcomes applications from both experienced teachers and NQT's. Applicants must have excellent behavior and classroom management skills and promote a positive classroom manner.
Due to our current success in the London Borough of Lewisham matching teachers to the right schools, we currently need more teachers to help us meet the demand of our local schools.
The school, the child…
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools and academies within the London Borough of Lewisham . These schools range in size, catchment, religious background and ethos. Within these schools our teachers support pupils of different ability levels, SEN, EAL and from many different home lives, across the secondary spectrum. We understand that every school and child is different so we carefully match our teachers with the schools and children to which they work with best.
We are looking for Science teachers with Qualified Teacher Status for day to day assignments who can…
* be available and ready to accept bookings for that morning
* will treat every assignment as if it is a permanent role, injecting a sense of purpose into the classroom and helping the school to the best of your ability
* develop professional relationships with pupils and staff
* ensure effective classroom management in line with schools behavior policy
In reward for our teachers hard work and commitment we provide competitive rates of pay with no hidden deductions, a refer a friend scheme, teacher of the term awards, access to Randstad Education's online CPD portfolio, long-term and permanent job opportunities, a dedicated consultant with a 24hr on call facility and an honest and trustworthy approach that matches you to the right school.
Experience / Qualifications:
- be an experienced science teacher of all three sciences at key stages 3 and 4 (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
- have very strong behavior management skills
- have a proven track record of working within UK Secondary Schools
- have a PGCE or BEd in a relevant subject
- be able to provide up to two years of teaching references
Initial application requirement is 10 Year CV History