This job is no longer available
The Creative Solutions department of ESI Media are seeking an experienced social media manager to work in the commercial department across its entire portfolio – print, digital and TV. As well as selling brand solutions this person will bring expertise in-house and support and grow the social media function within the team. This role will operate at senior planning levels within agencies and will often be client-facing. The right applicant will be expected to develop creative social media elements for pitches as well as support them through to execution and completion.
ESI Medias’ brands The London Evening Standard and The Independent are leading publications in the field of social media, with over 2.3m social connections across platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and Pinterest.
- Generate revenue through brand solutions and partnerships across a given agency patch;
- Support the Commercial solutions team in integration of social media into pitches and campaign materials;
- Carry out best practice social media posting activities to represent the Independent and Evening Standards’ commercial activities on commercial accounts;
- Assist with marketing activities;
- Engage with the digital audiences of the Independent and Evening Standard;
- Weekly analytics and reporting on social media accounts and referrals;
- Report user feedback to relevant departments internally;
- Liaise with the desks and content teams to foster social media awareness as part of overall content creation and curation.
Skills and experience
- Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Wildfire and/or other social software;
- Experience managing brand social media accounts with significant audiences;
- Microsoft Office and Outlook;
- Creative use of social media in a commercial and campaign context;
- At least 2 years’ experience of social media in an agency or commercial environment;
- Whilst not essential the successful candidate will demonstrate a variety of skills across a wide ranging background, possibly outside the digital space.