This job is no longer available
Founded in 1573, Queen Elizabeth's is located in High Barnet, North London. It is a leading Selective School for Boys aged 11 to 18 with 1180 on roll and a Sixth Form of 290.
Four consecutive "outstandingly successful" OFSTED reports indicate the firm foundations of Queen Elizabeth's exceptional academic and extra-curricular achievements. The School acquired Academy status in September 2010.
For further information about the School, please visit its website at www.qebarnet.co.uk
An experienced and efficient Finance Assistant is sought to support the School’s Finance Department. The key areas of responsibility are:
- Processing of purchase orders accurately and in accordance with agreed authorisation and time scales
- Managing accounts payable payment runs
- Processing and reconciliation of petty cash
- Assisting with payroll processing
- Assisting with month end procedures
- Generating financial information reports for budget holders
- Data inputting of standing information to the School’s finance system (FMS)
- Assisting with the processing of the financial transactions for trips and activities
Strong experience in a financial background is essential and ideally you will have experience of SIMS.net and FMS. The successful candidate will have:
- A proven record of effective financial expertise
- Ability to be methodical, well organised and observe confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to work independently
- Have a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy
- A high level of knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (this may be tested during the selection process)
- Excellent keyboard skills and accurate written English
- A willing and ‘can do’ approach and ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team
- The ability to handle sensitive material with respect and discretion
- Experience of successfully working with management
- Attention to detail and deadlines
Previous School experience would be an advantage.
This is a term-time appointment, the hours of work will be 27.5 hours per week. The successful candidate will report to our Finance Manager.
Closing date: Friday 31st May 2013
An application form is available for download from the staff vacancies page of our website http://www.qebarnet.co.uk/staff_vacancies.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.