This job is no longer available
An experienced Perl Developer interested in designing and developing cutting edge software for a household name?
If you are an experienced, highly-competent, forward-thinking Developer with the desire, motivation and ability to express your creativity in writing code, using existing technologies and new ideas in a supportive environment that keeps a business at the cutting edge of software engineering to deliver innovative solutions, then we want you.
Perl Developer - Havant - Up to £55k
Job role and Purpose
The role is hands-on and you will be responsible for designing and developing software in support cutting-edge Search and Match technology. You will be writing service-oriented code as well as interfacing with commercial products such as FAST, Solr and MongoDB.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with technical architects and other stakeholders from the business, you will be part of the team developing new ideas and shaping the next generation of products for the group.
- Interpret and perform coding to written business requirements and technical specification documents
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses
- Investigate, analyse and document reported defects
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Significant commercial experience in a similar role
- Experience of structured and object-oriented programming using preferably Perl in a web environment
- Experience in database design and database programming
- Knowledge of web technologies
- Strong object programming experience preferably in Perl or another language and a willingness to learn and work in Perl
- Mobile Platform and HTML and CSS would be advantageous
Apply for this role today and I'll be back in touch to discuss further, answer any questions and hopefully recommend you for the role.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit http://uk.progressiverecruitment.com">www.progressiverecruitment.com