This job is no longer available
- Working with the Education Manager, Team Leaders and other A4e staff to familiarise yourself with the curriculum and individual schemes of work.
- Working with Team Leaders and other A4e staff to ensure offenders in learning and skills receive planned lessons that fall within the course's scheme of work.
- Cover appropriate classes, working with permanent staff to ensure lessons are planned and learners' work is assessed.
- Working with the permanent teaching team to identify the learning and skills needs of offenders and ensure that identified action points are written into an individual learning plan.
- Reviewing offender progression with other A4e teaching and learning staff to ensure that their identified needs are met and progress is reported to Sentence Planning Boards.
- Actively gaining feedback from offenders about the learning and skills service offered.
- Using a variety of delivery techniques to engage and stimulate individuals.
- Dealing with difficult / demanding offenders in a safe and secure manner.
- Preparing and displaying learners' work in classrooms and other appropriate environments.
- Have a sound knowledge and understanding of the contractual requirements e.g. prisoner attendance and discipline; ensure A4e's equal opportunities and health and safety procedures are adhered to.
- Completing of all necessary administration e.g. reviews, timesheets, training plans determined by external and internal requirements in line with contractual deadlines
- Working with the Education Manager and colleagues to cover appropriate classes and assist offenders' progression towards qualifications.
- Carrying out any additional duties as reasonably requested by line management