This job is no longer available
- You will support the Education Manager to maximise contractual obligations and performance targets to delivering the agreed curriculum and meeting quality assurance targets.
- You will have responsibility for the operational management of the specific site, dealing with issues that arise on a daily basis.
- You will intervene, when required, to support staff with the management of learners on site.
- You will have responsibility for the health, safety and wellbeing of staff and learners on site and the maintenance and security of the department building in line with prison and company policy.
- You will work closely with the Curriculum Managers to develop a standardised learning and skills programme in line with the needs of the prison population, the Skills Funding Agency and the needs of employers ensuring parity across both sites.
- You will be required to deliver teaching sessions as required.
- You will support the Education Manager to ensure quality assurance and quality improvement processes and procedures are developed and adopted to sustain a culture of continuous service improvement.
- You will support the Education Manager to agree and set targets with staff members to ensure both contractual obligations are met and exceeded and monitor these using A4e's appraisal and professional development procedures.
- You will support the Education Manager with recruitment, management, development and discipline of staff employed in the department.
- You will maintain and develop positive internal and external partnerships and attend meetings with local partners as required by the Education Manager.
- You will promote equality of opportunity for staff and learners in all activities.
- You will attend meetings, seminars and training sessions in pursuit of continuous personal development.
- You will comply with the security and safeguarding requirements of the prison and the company at all times
- Deputy Education Managers need to remain flexible. Duties can vary at times dependent upon contractual and/or organisational requirements and location