This job is no longer available
- You will be accountable to the OLASS Education Manager for the effective management of the curriculum and to take the establishment lead for quality assurance and improvement within your curriculum area.
- Developing and encouraging an innovative and problem-solving approach to the work of the tutors in order to raise standards and meet challenging targets in line with performance indicators relating to recruitment, retention, achievement and student satisfaction;
- Developing and promoting a curriculum which meets the identified needs of learners and employers and which may include the effective delivery of Functional Skills, personal and social development and work-based programmes
- Managing teaching and support staff using the full range of A4e HR strategies in order to maximise student success and the efficiency of the provision;
- Supervising staff to ensure their suitability via application of A4e's probationary, appraisal and professional development procedures;
- Working in collaboration with the Manager to optimise the use of resources and to develop the facilities available to students;
- Assisting the Manager in the preparation of annual self assessment report, Quality Improvement Plan and budget.
- Developing and promoting constructive relations with partners and other external agencies for the benefit of offenders and the communities the prison serves
- Working with Awarding Bodies to deliver appropriate qualifications within their quality standards.
- Complying with the security requirements of HM Prison Services at all times
- The management team has responsibilityfor day to day operation of Education Department. This includes relates specifically to management of learners, particularly their induction, allocation to classes and conduct within the department