This job is no longer available
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Assembly Tutor at HMP Coldingley which is based in Surrey.
Our Tutors play an integral part in identifying the training requirements of our customers, building them a training plan and helping them to overcome any barriers to employment.
You will be:
- Identifying the individual needs of learners ensuring that all learners have an individual learning plan which links to their long term employment goals.
- Continually reviewing our learners progression to ensure that the training continues to meet their identified needs.
- Preparing, delivering and reviewing comprehensive lesson plans for all sessions, that address the training needs of the group including basic literacy, numeracy, language and other social / employability barriers to employment.
- Actively gaining feedback from learners and other sources, reviewing & improving curriculum content accordingly.
- Engaging and motivating both individuals and learner groups to increase retention.
- Completing all of the necessary administration e.g. reviews, timesheets, ILP's, LRS determined by external and internal requirements in line with contractual deadlines.
- Working with colleagues / hosts to assist learners progression towards qualifications, and movement into employment.
- Roles may vary in some detail between sites and flexibility is a prime requirement of staff.
What You Will Need To Have
· Certificate in Education or equivalent.
· Subject specific qualification at Level 4 or above.
· Confidence in using a diverse range of presentation, facilitation and communication skills.
· Experience of developing curriculum/ programmes of learning and of planning & delivering, on a roll-on, roll-off programme.
· The ability to handle challenging situations whilst remaining calm and in control especially in a group situation.
· Respect for and understanding of Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Data Protection policies with specific attention to health and safety requirements when organising off-site activities.
· A passion to motivate and lead by example to support people to achieve qualifications.
· An empathy with the learner group and experience of overcoming complex barriers, a background in working with unemployed and / or disadvantaged people and in a challenging environment is desirable.
Randstad Education is the UK market leader. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2,500 schools each week we can find the right match for your skills.