This job is no longer available
We are currently recruiting for a Radio Production Tutor a prison based in Sutton.
This is a 0.5 post working 18.75 hours a week.
Our Tutors play an integral part in identifying the training requirements of our customers, building them a training plan and helping them to overcome any barriers to employment.
You will be:
- Undertaking all forms of (but not limited to) Radio Production and associated outreach duties.
- Carrying out all organisational and administrative work, preparation and marking associated with teaching responsibilities. To include (but not limited to) the provision of lesson plans, assessment schedules and the completion of ILPs, ILRs and use of Learner Record Service.
- Contributing to A4e's and the prison's administration, as required, and the administration of education and training programmes.
- Participating in staff appraisal and related activities e.g. observations of teaching and undertaking staff development and training arising from this, or from the needs of A4e.
- Participating in appropriate team and course meetings.
- Undertaking student attendance monitoring.
- Assisting with the capture of student data relating to retention rates, examination and other assessment results, student progress and student satisfaction surveys.
- Contributing to A4e's quality assurance processes by monitoring, reviewing and evaluating all aspects of courses, and by implementing resulting actions for improvement.
- Complying with any awarding body requirements within the curriculum area.
- Ensuring A4e's equal opportunities and health and safety policies are adhered to.
- Ensuring the security of personal work area and resources.
- Following HMPS security requirements.
- Complying with all company policy, processes and procedures.
- Roles may vary in some detail and flexibility is a prime requirement of staff.
What You Will Need To Have
- Demonstrable educational level commensurate with the needs and scope of the role.
- A Radio/Media/Music qualification at Level 3 or higher is desirable (applicants without this qualification must be prepared to achieve it within an agreed timescale).
- Be competent in using music and radio technology and software. e.g. Cubase, reason, fruity loops and studio equipment
- The post holder must hold a teaching qualification, i.e. Certificate in Adult Education, DTLLS or equivalent (or be currently enrolled on a DTLLS course).
- Experience in Education or Training within the subject area is essential.
- Experience in developing curriculum and programmes of learning are desirable.
- Experience of embedding skills for life in literacy in ICT is desirable.
- Experience of involvement with unemployed and / or disadvantaged people and working in a challenging or secure/prison environment is desirable.
Randstad Education is the UK market leader. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2,500 schools each week we can find the right match for your skills.
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child safety standards and UK eligibility checks