This job is no longer available
Our client provides Teacher Training students to schools that are based within deprived regions, this role is within the North East of England. Their vision is to provide inspirational trainee teachers who recognise that Every Child Matters and that regardless of their social & economical background, they deserve the best education possible.The Job
Your role is to develop and coach trainee teachers in order to ensure that their vision & goals are supported within the Learning Programmes that they have developed for their classroom and with the ideal of ensuring the children achieve beyond national expectations. You will be working closely with internal & external stakeholders such as your partnering university and other regional Teaching Programme Officers, to ensure that every trainee has developed their values, competencies and leadership skills. You will work on a daily basis with your trainees and their schools. This experience will provide you with an in-depth understanding of effective learning & teaching practices and will support you to further your career aspirations within charity, not for profit and the public sector, alongside a potential career in academia.The Students
You will be supporting approximately 40 trainee teachers in the school setting to ensure they achieve successful outcomes and go on to being qualified teachers who contribute to the raising standards for children's education regardless of backgrounds. You will support them through developing a personalised plan, continuous training, assessment and analysis to ensure they are on-track to reach their outcomes, plus analysing pupil data with your students to prioritise actions that have the most impact on pupil progress.
Essential Requirements for this role:
- Qualified Teacher Status (PGCE, or equivalent)
- Degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum of two years teaching experience
- A good understanding of coaching-mentoring
- Experience of working within schools that are based within disadvantaged areas
- Demonstrable impact on pupil achievement, access & aspirations
- Strong understanding of Teaching & Learning with a focus on pupil progression
- Coaching experience beneficial
- £28,000 advancing to £31,500 upon successful completion of 6 month probation
- 27 days holiday per annum
- Participation in pension scheme via Salary Exchange (with an employer contribution of up to 6%) life assurance, income protection and private healthcare.
- Access to childcare vouchers, interest free travel ticket loan, subsidised dental care, health screening, discount gym membership, travel insurance, GAYE and the option to sell/buy annual leave.