This job is no longer available
Randstad Education are looking for reception teachers for short term and long-term work in schools in the Southampton area. As a NQT or experienced teacher looking to join a leading education supply teaching agency, the role will include delivering the curriculum in low ability classrooms with challenging behaviours.
The role of a supply teacher:
Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class;
Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
Co-ordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly in smaller schools
Our primary teachers must have:
* QTS & eligibility to work within the UK
* Promote equal opportunities in the classroom
* Ability to plan strategically & have extensive subject knowledge
* Commitment to learning and development of pupils
* Have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, parents and students
In exchange, you will have excellent rates of pay, 24 hour on call service, candidate driven job filling & support from a dedicated consultant who is knowledgeable about the area and marketplace. If you feel this specific role is not relevant for you - we have an active "Refer a friend scheme" (must have worked for 10 days) and receive £100.
As DfE Quality Mark holders, Randstad Education requires all primary teachers to have a fully enhanced CRB check, minimum of 2 years full references plus a face to face interview to find your ideal school match.
Requirements for candidates will include:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Up to date knowledge of the British National Curriculum
- Relevant recent teaching experience
- Own transport could be an advantage but not essential
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Benefits of working for Randstad Education:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Access to a range of local teaching vacancies
- Your own specialist consultant with a 24 hour on call service
- Access to guaranteed pay scheme
- CPD (Team Teach training etc.)
Recommend a friend and receive £100 for each person that successfully completes 10 days of work for us.