This job is no longer available
Assistant Headteacher - Special School, South London
This is a permanent role with a start date of September 2013.
We will also consider candidates that are able to commence work before the end of the summer term.
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a mixed needs secondary special school situated in south London.
Randstad Education is the UK market leader. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2,500 schools each week we can find the right match for your skills.
The school is an oversubcribed mixed needs secondary special school (11-17).The full National Curriculum is provided in Key Stage 3, and a wide range of external accreditation at Key Stage 4. There is a strong curriculum enrichment programme, including educational visits, school journeys, performances, visiting practitioners, after school clubs and a daily breakfast club. In Key Stage 4 pupils attend link courses at local colleges, and are given good support for leaving school. The school will be moving to a new building in January 2014.
Pupils come to this school from a variety of schools in the borough, both special and mainstream. The pupils have complex needs, including autism and downs syndrome. There are also additional needs including medical, speech and communication, emotional, psychological and behavioural and some physical disabilities.
The core purpose of the Assistant Headteacher is to provide professional leadership and management as part of the Senior Leadership team.
The Assistant Headteacher will :
* manage learning and teaching effectively
* ensure the progress of every pupil in the school
* promote excellence, equality and high expectation for all pupils
* support the vision, leadership and direction of the school
* As a member of the SLT evaluate performance and identify priorities for continuous improvement
* carry out day-to-day management, organisation and administration
* secure the commitment of the wider community
* create a safe and productive learning environment which is engaging and fulfilling for all pupils
* work effectively with the school's Governing Body and the Headteacher
In return for your hard work the school offer all staff members opportunities to develop their skills and expertise through continuing professional development, a supportive senior leadership team and a sociable and welcoming teaching team. Your application will be managed by a dedicated specialist education consultant who will guide and support you through the process in an honest and trustworthy manner to ensure you find the right match for you.