This job is no longer available
A secondary school in Blackburn are currently looking for a qualified, enthusiastic and innovative English Teacher to start in September 2013. Excellent subject knowledge is essential as is a passion for all aspects of English and you will be committed to raising achievement and attainment in all pupils. The successful candidate needs the ability to teach key stage 3 and 4, but the ability to teach A Level is also desirable.
The School, The Child
The school is a 'Good school with Outstanding features' (Ofsted 2011). They are firmly committed to becoming an "Outstanding" school in every respect. There is a high percentage of EAL students and they are keen that all students can develop their English Language and Literacy skills to enable them to access the school curriculum and make outstanding progress in all of their chosen subjects. If you have any experience in improving learning for EAL students, it would be beneficial. The dedicated English department are working hard to improve results in English and you would be joining a committed team who are eager to embrace new approaches.
Our requirements for this post are as follows:
- hold a qualification with QTS (NQT's and overseas qualified teachers are welcome to apply)
- be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and full referencing process
- have excellent communication skills
- be passionate about teaching and your subject
- possess the motivation to achieve and add value to the school
If you have the knowledge and qualifications then please contact us to discuss this opportunity.