Job title: Marketing Assistant
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000
A Marketing Assistant is required to join an exciting, fast-growing and established cloud IT business based in Reading. Focused on backup, storage and archiving since 1998 and at the forefront of cloud services since 2005, they have successfully evolved into a leading Cloud backup and storage provider and now has over 10,000 end user customers and in excess of 140 channel partners.
On the back of a run of record sales years, continued growth (over 35% year on year) and during continued growth in the cloud industry, they are now looking to expand their marketing team to pro-actively increase their market presence, opportunities and ultimately sales.
If you are hard-working and a self-starter and are looking for a serious career within a fast-paced, energetic and fun environment, where hard-work, initiative and commitment are rewarded and where there is a proven track record of career progression then this company could be the company for you.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Salary £18 - 22k
- Contributory Pension
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days paid holiday per annum
- 2 days paid charity work (optional)
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you would work closely with the marketing and sales teams to generate awareness of and interest in their services. In addition, your role would be to assist in providing market intelligence and lead generation analysis.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Undertake market research and keep the marketing database up-to-date
- Draft content for new campaigns and their website and social media accounts
- Work closely with their Telemarketers to schedule call-out sessions and report back on outcomes
- Provide assistance in developing internet presence, improving search rankings, developing a social media strategy and improving visibility over time
- Plan events including liaising with third party suppliers, partners and customers
- Work with their PR agency to prepare press releases as required
- Collate and issue news and information relating to marketing internally
- Prepare marketing statistics and information on leads, events, campaigns, press releases and new clients
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications
- A self-starter - able to act on own initiative and demonstrate drive and determination
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
- Good 'people skills', for working with a range of colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Able to network effectively with peers and customer accounts at all levels including senior management
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Commitment to business and personal integrity
- Marketing experience (not strictly necessary)
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in IT or B2B marketplace (not essential)
An ideal candidate will be a recent graduate having completed a business / marketing degree and will have some knowledge of Internet technologies or desktop publishing.