New Business Executive
A New Business Sales Executive is required for an exciting, fast-growing and established cloud IT business based in Reading. Focused on backup, storage and archiving since 1998 and at the forefront of cloud services since 2005, they have successfully evolved into a leading Cloud backup and storage provider and now has over 10,000 end user customers and in excess of 140 channel partners.
On the back of a run of record sales years, continued growth (over 35% year on year) and during continued growth in the cloud industry, they are now looking to expand our sales team to pro-actively increase our sales.
If you are hard-working and a self-starter and are looking for a serious career within a fast-paced, energetic and fun environment, where hard-work, initiative and commitment are rewarded and where there is a proven track record of career progression then this could be the company for you.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Salary £18,000 - £20,000 + Commission (uncapped)
- Contributory Pension
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days paid holiday per annum
- 2 days paid charity work (optional)
The primary purpose of this role is to generate new business opportunities for the company's range of cloud IT services within new direct end user accounts. This will be done by initial cold-calling and subsequent appointment setting for their senior sales team members.
You will be working closely in conjunction with the company's internal and external sales team members as well as the marketing team to help generate, manage and close a sales pipeline.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Make unscripted calls to contacts within targeted organisations in line with targets set for lead and opportunity generation and appointment setting in conjunction with campaigns organised by the marketing team
- Work with Sales Account Managers to jointly engage identified opportunities
- Make appointments for the external sales team
- Work with the rest of the sales team to exceed the gross profit targets that are set by management
- Communicate the benefits and features of offered products and services to prospective clients
- Record data about existing and potential clients within the data capture systems accurately
- Create a clear record of telephone conversations with partners and clients
- Make call backs and follow up calls to prospects to ensure a high opportunity conversion rate
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications
- A self-starter - able to act on own initiative and demonstrate drive and determination
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
- Good 'people skills', for working with a range of colleagues and clients
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Able to network effectively within an account at all levels including senior decision makers
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Commitment to business and personal integrity
- Previous outbound, business-to-business telesales experience
- Experience of direct cold-calling
- 1 – 2 years sales experience in IT or B2B marketplace (not essential)