This job is no longer available
A school based on the outskirts of Reading is looking for a qualified 'Teacher Of Learners with Specific Learning Difficulties' to teach pupils either on an individual basis, or in small groups within the dedicated Study Support Centre.
The successful candidate will be effective in supporting non-statemented pupils who have identified Learning Difficulty, usually in the areas of dyslexia or dyscalculia.
- Thorough knowledge of the needs of the children with specific learning difficulties - Particulary dyslexia.
- A specialist qualification in teaching.
- Ability to plan a curriculum independently.
- Ability to effectively deliver a planned curriculum.
- Ability to use IT and innovative teaching methods thoughout the curriculum.
- Ability to diffrentiate work by outcome and task.
- Ability to mark, record and monitor classwork and prep.
- Ability to write termly progress reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain high standards of children's behaviour in and out of the classroom.
- Ability to establish good relationships with other staff members.
- Willingness to support the College's CofE ethos.