This job is no longer available
My client is looking for a talented Software Tester to join their ranks. Working with both the Software Development and Implementation teams the role will involve gaining an in depth technical understanding of the client products and code base, with day to day responsibility for documenting and carrying out functional tests, customer scenario testing, stress testing, performance testing and scalability testing. The successful candidate will also provide feedback on the customer experience and usability with suggestions for improvement.
In addition to this, responsibilities include development of automated tests for test cases as well as designing and developing tools for test management, execution and reporting to enhance the overall software testing process.
As an expert in the operation of the software the successful candidate will also help and assist the internal support team when required and examine any bugs or errors found to evaluate the cause.
They must be passionate about software quality and want to have a clear impact on customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of computer systems / languages
- At least 3 year of software development and/or testing experience required.
- SQL Server 2005/2008.
- TSQL with stored procedures.
- Experience of automated testing environments such as Selenium, Microsoft Test Professional etc.
- A good understanding of the software development process.
- Ability to create good quality test scripts with supporting documentation and source inputs.
- Ability to document test runs and report of results with recommendations.
- Ability to create documentation to support any automated tested environments created.
- Ability to be able to learn and adhere to a list of common terms to describe a problem and or solution and understand the importance of using common terms.
- Ability to be able to document work done in a simple and clear fashion that can be followed by others at a time in the future.
- Communicate with internal customers to keep them informed with the progress of Testing.
- Communicating when required with both internal and external customers who have a non-technical knowledge of development.
- Providing accurate estimates & adhering to them.
- Define the root cause of an issue in order to find the solution.
- Ability to take ownership and coordinate testing of new developments where necessary. The ability to work in a team and as an individual.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Desirable Skills
- Proven use of Scrum / Agile development methodologies.
- C# and Visual Studio.
- Please only apply if you meet all of the above requirements and are eligible to live and work in the UK.