Exciting opportunity for Trustees from different backgrounds
Teso Educational Support Services (TESS) is a friendly, enterprising charity with operations in UK and Uganda and is looking for Trustees from various backgrounds to meet the following priorities of the Trustee Board.
- Strategic and financial planning, including looking at how our limited funds can best be used to achieve our goals
- Working towards sustainability, both organisational and environmental
- Marketing and recruitment of new supporters, including corporate donors, through a wider range of media and through networking
- Making grant applications for funds for different aspects of our work
- Reviewing policies in the UK and Uganda
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of our work and use of funds
- Planning budgets and assisting the Sponsorship Manager with the accounts
- Overseeing (from the UK) the building projects - advising, funding, contracts,
- Expertise in setting up small businesses and enterprises and working towards sustainability
- Staff management and appraisals
- Generating ideas and running fundraising events etc
- Designing and supporting training events and materials for Uganda
Potential trustees will be expected to willingly reach out and network with communities, businesses and organisations to support TESS’s long term development plan which is to transform one of the poorest regions of the world through education support.
The charity is looking for Trustees with professional expertise in the areas of business and enterprise, human resources, fundraising, organisational and environmental sustainability, project management, engineering, training and education, financial management, strategic planning, social media and networking.
Induction and Training
We have a Trustee and Staff training and planning weekend in Loughborough from 8th-10th November 2013 which will be run by our UK Patron, Mrs Margaret Sentamu from York. The Chief Executive and Sponsorship Manager from Uganda will both be attending.
Working will be home-based, but will need travelling to meetings (usually held in the East Midlands or London) about four times a year from 11:30- 5:30 and about four SKYPE meetings in between. In order to meet the objectives potential trustees are required to willingly give at least two hours a week on an average using their relevant skills and expertise.
This is a voluntary position and basic travel and other essential expenses can be reclaimed, but TESS cannot afford to pay high expenses.