This job is no longer available
Randstad Education are currently recruiting for qualified Maths teachers to work in a secondary school in South Liverpool. The post will be full time five days per week from September 2013 and is likely to continue until the end of the academic year. The successful applicant will be working as a Maths Intervention Teacher with small groups or one to one to raise attainment across both Key Stage 3 and 4.
You will be expected to:
- Plan, prepare and teach appropriate lessons within your specialist subject area enabling all student abilities to access the curriculum
- Support colleagues in the relevant departments as required and possibly undertake general cover lessons across the curriculum
- Organise your classroom to create a positive teaching environment, liaising with relevant teaching assistants and support staff
- Maintain discipline through employing various classroom management techniques in line with the school's behaviour management policy
- Monitor pupil's progress and keep records on their development
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and in-service training days as required by the school
Our requirements for this post are as follows:
- hold a qualification with QTS (NQT's and overseas qualified teachers are welcome to apply)
- be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (CRB) and full referencing process
- have excellent communication skills
- be passionate about teaching and your subject
- possess the motivation to achieve and add value to the school
- have proven classroom management skills
At Randstad Education we also consistently offer a variety of temporary long term and day to day supply bookings in various Secondary schools throughout the Merseyside region, class teaching from Year 7 up to GCSE and A Level, as well as opportunities in the SEN sector including one to one tuition. Our teachers have a well deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and you will benefit from:
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist secondary consultant
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including the certified 'Team Teach' course
- 'recommend a friend' bonus scheme
- the flexibility to work where you want through our network of branches and our sister company 'teachanywhere'
- being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it
Please email your CV or give the office a call on 0151 255 1666 and speak to Katherine Ravenscroft, the specialist secondary education consultant for Liverpool.